Emotions' Spot

quinta-feira, fevereiro 02, 2006

Uma vez mais... Para ti.

It's Cold Outside
Jane Monheit & Steve Tyrell

I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold out there
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry
And father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
Now really I'd better scurry - Sweetheart what's your hurry?
Well maybe just a half a drink more - Put some music on while I pour
The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink? - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell
I ought to say no, no, no, sir - Mind if I move a little closer
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out

Ohh, but it's cold outside

I simply must go - Baby, it's cold outside
The answer is no - Baby, it's cold out there
This welcome has been - I'm lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm - Look out the window at that storm
My sister will be suspicious - Gosh, your lips look so delicious
My brother will be there at the door - Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious - Ohh, your lips look delicious
Well maybe just a cigarette more - Never such a blizzard before
I've got to go home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your comb - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - I thrill when you touch my hand
But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me
There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Making my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that old out

Ohh, but it's cold outside

Can't you stay for ten more minutes?... Five?...

2 Comments:

  • Há algo em ti que me apaixona, que me fez renascer o brilho no canto do olho, que se confunde com uma lágrima. Limpa, pura, única. Que desce ao canto da minha boca, amaciando a voz para te poder dizer..... obrigado.

    Adoro-te muito...mesmo que lá fora esteja frio

    V

    By Anonymous Anônimo, at 11:22 PM  

  • Em ti, tudo me apaixona... O teu toque, o teu sorriso, o teu jeito, o teu beijo...
    O todo e o pormenor reunidos num só que me apaixona.
    Sabe bem sentir-te na minha pele, no meu coração, no meu sorriso, no meu gesto de cada dia.
    Um Amor tão próximo, amor de pele, amor intenso, amor que faz sentido.
    E por cada sorriso teu, por cada momento contigo, por cada pedaço preferido... Obrigado.

    Adoro-te (mesmo que esteja frio e eu apanhe amigdalites eheheh)

    By Blogger G., at 9:15 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home